Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hey everyone,
Well I am two weeks down and going into my third. This will be the hardest and hopefully the fastest week because at the end of this week i get to finally come HOME! I cannot wait to see my wonderful, amazing wife and the rest of you of course if I get the chance. I am at my uncle John and Nancy's house for the weekend because if I stay at the academy I have to either stay in my room and study(no tv or games) or if I want to leave my room I have to be in full uniform and you can only leave once a day so to say the least its not the most relaxing atmosphere. I have really enjoyed coming here because I get to relax and go to church but most of my time is spent studying for test and doing memos(papers due for different reasons and they have to be 5/32 in size when written and in a certain format, Don't ask) but I realize that its only 6 long months so I have to do all that I can to pass. I am trying to get everything I can so I won't have a lot of work for next weekend. This week I have one test on Tuesday for Criminal Law and I have passed my first two tests, one w/ a 96.67% and the other was a pass or fail and I pasted and I took a third on Friday and will be bummed if I don't get a 100%. In PMA(physical methods of arrest) we learn how to fight and do takedowns and stuff like that but if we get in trouble in the class we have to do knuckle push-ups. On Friday we got in trouble at drill so we had to do knuckle push-ups on the aspalt which really hurt and bruised my knuckles(look forward to more of those) But over all I am getting stronger physically, mentally and emotionally so I know that by the end this experience will really benefit me in so many ways its just hard now. The hardest part of this experience is not the push-ups, PT or the class work its just missing my wonderful family. I hope everyone one is doing good and I know that Karissa had told most of you if I haven't but don't be hurt if I don't call much becuase its just crazy here and i have to really focus and we only have about a half an hour a night if that to talk on the phone but i could really use prayers to stay strong and remember why I am doing this and how great it will be at the end of the six months and for strength for my amazing wife too b/c its just as hard for her doing everything we did together now on her own so please help her in anyway you can(yes baby i know your doing great, but it never hurts to ask :) ) Thanks for all your prayers they are working. I love you all.

4 comments:

craig harrison said...

Hey Ry, it was good to talk to you a little this weekend. Seems like you are getting in a CHP rhythm which has to help. I will pray that your test goes well tomorrow. We are really looking forward to seeing you this weekend! Glad you can come home to celebrate Karissa's birthday. What is up with our Cubs? What a pathetic offense! See you soon. Dad

Courtney said...

Ryan! It is SO great to hear updates from you... sounds like quite a week! Are we going to recognize you this weekend?
We are so happy to hear things are going better, and that you're getting the routine down. Everyone misses you tons (especially your wife, of course!) and can't wait to see you this weekend. Keep up the strength and great attitude- it will be completely worth it in the end! We are so proud of you!! Love, Pat and Courtney

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ry. This is so exciting to get to read. Feel like we're living it with you. So happy for you, that you're getting to experience your dream. You worked so hard for it. Congrats, Cadet!

UB

Talk Like June said...

wow, ryan! keep up the good work! we are praying for you!!! <3 suzanne and ross